APPOINTMENTS can be booked using any of the following methods:
* As from Monday 14th May we will be reverting back to Informatica appointments.
Patients that have already used this service before will be able to continue to do so. However, if you experience a problem please enquire at the desk and we will print you a sign up letter.
1. Online – you can obtain the online access details at the reception, please bring in photo ID so you can book the pre-bookable appointments yourself. To book and cancel GP appointments only.
2. You can come to surgery in the morning at 8.00am and we will book the appointments on a first come first serve basis.
3. You can telephone and ask for an appointment.
4. Emergency appointments for only serious and emergency conditions will be booked at the surgery for the same day.
5. Surgery will telephone and tell you about a required appointment for medical reasons which include, to discuss various test results, health checks for long term health conditions and vaccinations.
Currently you can book a routine appointment up to four weeks in advance.
A 'touch screen' for 'booking-in' is in reception, which is designed to help patients avoid queues at reception. The screen is very quick and easy to use but our staff are on hand for assistance.
The screen will immediately advise the waiting room location and at the same time will update the doctor's consulting room screen.
BOOKING APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR, NURSE OR HCA
We operate Advanced Access and appointments will be available on the same day for those whose need is urgent on the day. On the day are available from 8.00am when the telephone is answered by a receptionist. A number of appointments will remain available for pre-booking where required, which are bookable four weeks in advance. When making an appointment, think about what you need to see the doctor for; maybe another member of the team could help. Our practice nurses are highly skilled and specialise in many areas. Trained health care assistants are available to take blood, check blood pressures and carry out a range of routine health checks.
BEFORE SEEING YOUR DOCTOR
Please note that the doctor's time is limited only to five minutes for telephone consultations and 10 minutes for face to face consultations for each patient. It may take longer depending upon the nature of the problem and solution. Therefore, prepare yourself to discuss the most important problem. it is advisable to write it down on a piece of paper, your reasons/problems for this visit and how long you have been having this problem? What remedial measures you have taken to help yourself? (Seen NHS Choices, taken any over the counter (OTC) medications? Stopped smoking etc.) when did it begin to get worse? Any linkage to medications, travel or earlier problems etc.
CANCELLING AN APPOINTMENT
Please do let reception know if you cannot keep your appointment so that we can offer it to someone else, you can do this through our appointments online if you are signed up.
The practice may occasionally send you a text message to your mobile phone, regarding your appointment/recall appointment.
Please contact the surgery if you do wish to be contacted this way.
The practice offers extended hour appointments one/two evenings a week from 6.30pm and one Saturday in six for patients who have a genuine need to consult a doctor outside normal surgery hours.
These appointments are available as advance booked appointments for medical problems.