Sick Notes

HOW DO I OBTAIN A FIT NOTE? (previously known as a Sick Note)

If you need to be certified as unfit for working following treatment by a specialist:

  • The specialist should issue you with a Fit Note

  • The Fit Note should cover the period they expect you to be unfit to work, or until your next contact with the specialist.

You should not need to see your GP to get a Fit Note following hospital treatment, unless your inability to work is unexpectedly prolonged.

DSS fit notes are issued for illnesses lasting longer than seven consecutive days. Employees are entitled to self-certificate to a maximum of seven days.

A doctor's note is therefore not required for less than seven days. A self-certification form is available from your employer.

Click on the link for government information.

1 Bower Mount Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8AX
  • Telephone 01622 756721
Website supplied by Oldroyd Publishing Group
Back to top